Creamy Cauliflower Soup
1 large head cauliflower
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable stock
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Chef’s Shake Blend
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Freeze-Dried Chives
½ to 1 cup milk
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the cauliflower by removing the outer leaves and trimming off the stem. Cut the cauliflower into quarters and remove the core from each section. Chop the cauliflower florets and thinly slice the core. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until just soft, then add the garlic and continue to cook and stir for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the chopped cauliflower and stems, vegetable stock, Chef’s Shake and chives. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover, simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
4. Puree the soup until smooth using an immersion blender.
5. Stir in the milk by ½ cup increments until desired consistency is reached. Add Parmesan, stir, and season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Top with additional chopped chives as garnish, serve.