Green Hatch Chile Sweet Corn Cake
1 cup butter, softened
⅔ cups masa harina (corn flour)
½ cup water, plus more for water bath
1½ cups sweet corn, fresh or frozen (thaw if using frozen)
1 Anaheim Chile, seeded and diced (optional)
½ cup yellow cornmeal
⅔ cup sugar
1½ tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Green Hatch Chile Global Fusion Rub
4 Tbsp. heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add the masa harina and water and beat until well combined.
3. Add in the corn, chile (if using), cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and Green Hatch Chile. Stir until fully incorporated. Pour in the heavy cream and stir again until combined.
4. Spoon the batter into an ungreased 8x11" baking dish and spread until it is smooth and even.
5. Cover tightly with foil and place the dish into a 9x13" baking dish. Fill the 9x13" baking dish with water until it is ⅓ of the way full. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.