Grilled Jerk Salmon Burgers with Slaw
1 lb. boneless skinless salmon fillet
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Jamaican Jerk Global Blend, plus more for sprinkling
1 small green apple, peeled and cut into chunks
½ cup finely chopped green onion
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. panko bread crumbs, divided
½ tsp. salt
Black pepper, to taste
¼ cup mayonnaise, plus more for brushing
½ cup mango, chopped
3 cups shredded coleslaw mix
2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing
4 hamburger buns, split
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with olive oil.
2. Cut ¾ of the salmon into ¼-inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Cut the remaining ¼ of the salmon into chunks and place in a food processor along with the Jamaican jerk blend and apple chunks. Pulse in food processor to make a paste.
3. Place the salmon-apple mixture in the bowl with the diced salmon. Add the green onion, 2 tablespoons of the panko, salt and pepper. Mix gently until combined.
4. Divide the salmon mixture into 4 mounds on the parchment paper, and with wet hands pat into 4-inch wide, ¾-inch patties. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. In the meantime, whisk the mayonnaise and mango in a large bowl. Add the coleslaw mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
6. After the patties have set in the refrigerator, spread the remaining 1 cup of panko on a plate. Press both sides of each salmon patty into the panko.
7. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until browned on the bottom (about 4-5 minutes). Flip and cook until the other side is browned and the patties feel springy in the center (about 4-5 more minutes). Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
8. Brush the cut sides of the hamburger buns with mayonnaise and sprinkle with the jerk blend. Toast on the skillet for about 30 seconds. Serve the salmon patties on the buns and top with the mango slaw. Serve any remaining slaw on the side.