Multi-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
3 lbs. flat cut corned beef brisket
4 cups beef broth
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Thyme
1½ Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Mustard
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter Whole Jamaican Allspice
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Coriander
1 The Spice Hunter Whole Penang Clove
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Chinese Ginger
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Crushed Red Pepper
¼ tsp. The Spice Hunter Highland Harvested Saigon Cinnamon
1 large onion, quartered
8 cloves of garlic
6 medium red potatoes, quartered
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 small cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
2 leeks, white and light green parts only, split lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Rinse the corned beef under cold water to remove the excess salt and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Mix the beef broth, spices, onion and garlic in the multi-cooker pot and place the corned beef in the liquid.
3. Lock lid in place making sure the valve is in the closed position. Set to cook for 90 minutes at high pressure.
4. After cooking is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then carefully quick release the remaining pressure and remove the lid.
5. Remove the meat from the multi-cooker and place it on a serving platter.
6. Add the potatoes, carrots, cabbage and leeks to the broth in the multi-cooker and mix to combine. Lock lid in place making sure the valve is in the closed position. Set to cook for 7 minutes at high pressure.
7. After cooking is complete, carefully quick release the remaining pressure and remove the lid.
8. Place vegetables on serving platter and serve alongside corned beef. Garnish with sour cream, prepared horseradish and prepared whole grain mustard if desired.