Multi-Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
⅛ tsp. salt
Macaroni and Cheese:
2½ cups dry elbow macaroni
2 cups chicken broth
½ cup heavy cream
½ tsp. salt, plus more to taste
¼ tsp. black pepper, plus more to taste
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup whole milk
1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Mustard
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Smoked Paprika, plus more for garnishing
1. Press the sauté function on your multi-cooker and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the bread crumbs and ⅛ teaspoon of salt and stir for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
2. Wipe out the pot and then add the macaroni, chicken broth, cream, ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Mix well and then secure the lid with the steam valve in the closed position.
3. Set to cook at high pressure for 8 minutes. When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally (about 20 minutes), and then carefully remove the lid.
4. Add the butter, milk, cheeses, mustard and paprika to the macaroni and stir until melted and creamy. Add additional salt and pepper to taste and then mix again.
5. Garnish with the toasted breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of paprika. Serve immediately.